Singer songwriter Linda McLean built a solid international reputation with two world wide releases, Betty's Room and No Language. Universal critical acclaim and international touring took her to Europe and across North America where she has built a loyal fan following. McLean owned and operated Mandolin Records, the recording studio built in the forest 2 hours north of Toronto. McLean performed and promoted concerts and workshops for established and emerging music artists.
As a songwriter she has written over fifty original songs, produced four albums, and toured in support of two internationally released CDs, Betty’s Room and No Language. She won the north Ontario songwriting award for “Mandolin” and with her partner Andy McLean, established Mandolin Records, a rural based independent record label and performance studio.
- Award winning singer songwriter LINDA McLEAN writes taut memorable songs full of fire and emotion inspired by the natural beauty of her Canadian landscape.
- “Once in a great while, out of the blue, comes an indie masterpiece. Such is the case of Linda McLean's NO LANGUAGE....Another superb Canadian female singer-songwriter you need to seek out.” (Maverick Magazine, UK).
- NO LANGUAGE (BongoBeat 2005) follows steadfastly on the heels of her brilliant debut CD BETTY'S ROOM (Rounder/Europe, 2003)
- “these are songs that have been lived. Linda is a singer/songwriter in the best tradition of fellow Canadian Joni Mitchell's 70's work.” (VARA Radio, The Netherlands).
- Creating a stir on both sides of the Atlantic, music reviewers are ranking her among the best of her North American contemporaries; descriptors such as“country-tinged beauty with reference points stretching from Lucinda Williams to KD Lang.” (UK Music Media Review)
- "There is a 'holy trinity' of Canadian singer songwriters, Sarah Harmer, Kathleen Edwards and Linda McLean."(CBC Radio)
- 'material straddling the line between roots stylings and an adult contemporary-tinged sound à la Jann Arden or Sarah McLachlan that possess the ring of hard earned truths.”(Exclaim Magazine, Canada)
- “These are tunes with the ache and retrospective wisdom of a dame in her prime.”(NOW Magazine, Toronto)
- “NO LANGUAGE serves notice of the arrival of a committed and focused artist.”(Toronto Star).
- “Linda really is in a class of her own when it comes to her vocals...there is no doubt she can handle anything when it comes to singing.” (Pennyblack Music, UK)